Men Love Us to be Happy
Men adore women who radiate happiness because seeing a woman who’s happy is one of their top sources of joy. And so making the woman happy makes a man feel purposeful in his relationship with her; keeping us happy is one of the ways men feel they can win with us. Our joy inspires them to provide, protect, and care for us. Often, a man will do something for his woman simply because he knows it makes her happy. He does this because his woman’s happiness makes him feel like a good, masculine man. And in return, when he does this, he feels masculine.
Unfortunately, when we are generally negative, sad, or angry, it takes away from our overall attractiveness. That is not to say we won’t have our moments when we feel unhappy or angry, but choosing to be happy and upbeat can make such a difference in the way we feel. Reality is whatever we make it. We can transform our lives from a painful struggle into a joyous journey simply by shifting to a positive mindset and seeing possibility in place of difficulty.
“You are the designer of your destiny; you are the author of your story.” – Lisa Nichols, Author of No Matter What
One thing I did to help change my mindset was to stop watching the news with all its negative messages. For that matter, I stopped watching any TV or movies that were violent, tragic, or scary. Now, besides having more time, I feel much more optimistic!
If we choose to live as happy women, we must continually feed our minds positive messages. Our subconscious mind is like a computer that picks up information around us constantly. It doesn’t know the difference between what is real and what is imagined. If we think the TV doesn’t affect our beliefs and attitudes, it just means we are hopelessly shackled to it and in denial of its power over us.
Maintaining a cheerful mental attitude may also mean letting go of certain toxic, negative friends whose attitudes drain our energy and bring us down. No, we cannot change them, so we need to respectfully let them go instead of resenting them for bringing negative energy into our lives.
One way to understand the happiness that men adore is to think of a joyful moment in your life. Recall how your face radiated happiness, your voice sounded vibrant, and your eyes lit up. Take a mental snapshot of that moment because those happy moments are when you’re the most beautiful to men. We can bring this moment back whenever we want, just by remembering and getting into the feeling.
Tips to Becoming Happier:
- Taking responsibility for ourselves is the first step to our happiness.
- Others are not to blame for what’s wrong in our lives. We create our own reality through our thinking, words, conversations, and self-talk.
- Once we realize that we create our own destiny, we have the power to change it.
- Smile often. Besides melting men’s hearts, a smile is an instant face-lift.
- Release anger, and forgive others often, including yourself.
- Meditate daily and/or practice yoga.
- Move away from toxic, negative friends who are energy vampires.
- Find a happiness example or coach—someone who is happy most of the time.
- Start a gratitude journal and write what you’re grateful for every morning. It works like magic. Gratitude is the most direct way to happiness.
- Practice reframing the past from a positive viewpoint. Let go of the old, negative story and create a new story that feels great.
- Make a game of turning every lemon in life into lemonade.
- Focus on bringing a smile to someone else’s face through kindness and warmth.
- Make a list of exciting people, places, and activities to explore every day.
- Set aside some time every day for relaxation and fun.
- Be creative. Take a painting class, join a writers’ group, or enroll in a photography club.
- Substitute negative TV shows and violent or scary movies with positive, inspiring information, activities, and friends.
- Never compete with others. Instead, focus on self-development and only compete with yourself. No feelings of envy or jealousy come from that.
- Try something new. Nothing opens us up more than something new, even if it’s driving home on a different route or trying a new recipe for dinner.
- Read positive, uplifting books to quickly and easily change moods and outlook.
- Attend personal development seminars, workshops, classes, and/or camps. We are living beings, and if we are not growing, we are dying. Growing is a lot more fun.
Excerpt from Chapter 7 of Simply Feminine, Surprising Insights from Men by Morgan Wonderly.